People, News, Associations | 05/25/2012
ASA Midwest Presents Scholarships
ASA announced the winners of its Tom Owens 2012 scholarships. The 23 candidates, from undergraduate and graduate programs submitted grades, extracurricular activities, and an essay. Winners are:
- Kaitlyn Jordan of Ballwin, is a graduate of Marquette High School who currently attends Meramec Community College, where she has a 3.75 GPA. She is planning on transferring to Lindenwood or Evangel University where she plans to study pre-med.
- Frank Soltys of Omaha, NE has completed four years at Westminster College where he holds a 3.86 GPA. He has also been admitted as a graduate student to Creighton University School of Medicine.
- Nicholas Fontana of Grover will graduate this month from Eureka High School with a 4.06 GPA. An avid hockey player, he plans to attend the University of Arkansas, Rice or Purdue University as an honors undergraduate.
- Molly Flood of St. Louis will graduate this month from Villa Duchesne and plans to attend Indiana University in Bloomington. She plans to study culture and history and hopes to one day work for National Geographic.
- Matthew Meyers of Chesterfield is a graduate of Parkway West High School and has completed his first semester at the University of Missouri - Columbia with a 3.8 GPA.